Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More Simple and Elegant Wedding Cakes

Over the years, brides and grooms will describe their perfect cake as Something Simple and Elegant.  I just love that expression.  Simple doesn't mean that the design is plain or boring - it means that it has clean lines, subtle design features, delicate color palette and nothing too crazy.  I went down memory lane to some of my first wedding cakes which were simple and elegant.

Here is the very first wedding cake that I ever did.  The cake was heavy as each tier was flourless chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream.  The delicate design was hand embossed dot by dot with a tiny ball tool - a pretty big challenge for a first cake.  The bride had provided me with this wonderful design - I wish I knew who originally came up with it so I could add their credit here.



This 3-tier square cake was for a winter wedding back in 2008.  Such a delicate color palette.



A small wedding cake with handmade gumpaste flowers, leaves and pearls.  Very elegant.





7 comments:

Jack T said...

Hi Juanita,

Great Work !!!! Big Compliment !!

very elegant and very high dificulty

Kindest regards from Nuremberg, Jacob

Rafael Logrono said...

Your first cakes are all still very beautiful!

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Love the middle cake..so cute.

Susan said...

The embossing on the first cake is just amazing. It must have taken your such a long time to do.

Coco Cake Land said...

lovely work juanita!!

-lyndsay :)

clementina urbano said...

Sei bravissima, complimenti!

clementina urbano said...

Complimenti!