Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Princess Cake

It had been a while since I did a very girly birthday cake.  This is a 2-tier cake based off of the the princess from Disney's Princess and Frog.  The bottom tier and the dress is chocolate velvet cake.  The character is handmade out of sugarpaste.
 And to make it even more special, some cupcakes with the popular sugar cake slice
 A view from the top - you know I love these photos.
 Here's a close-up of the cupcakes with a cute cake slice on it.  A popular design which I've done a few times.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab - I love the way you've done the dress, like leaves? And the slices of cake are adorable!

Starry Night Design Studio said...

Oh my goodness - what a beautiful cake! It's divine!

Golose Ricette said...

superlativa....

giovanna said...

GREAT JOB! LOOKS GREAT! LOVE IT!

SweetThingsTO said...

Thank you everyone!

@Caroline's Cake Company - Yes, the dress is like leaves. Same as the Disney Character and I think her name is Princess Tiana.

Marsipan Freak said...

I LOVE the dress! Its soo pretty.
Thank you so much for the inspiration! I hope I get to do such a beautiful cake sometime :)

Jenniffer said...

This cake is so feminine and beautiful, I just love it! Excellent job!!

Frk. Overballe said...

Very Beautiful!

faithy said...

So adorable! love the princess!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving it! It's so nice!

Heaven is a Cupcake said...

Beautiful!

Coco Cake Land said...

YOU MADE THAT CHARACTER!!?? i thought it was a toy! that is seriously amazing! great work as usual!! ^__^

Libbie said...

I just showed these to annie & her hand went over her mouth & she just said, "Oh My!!!!" She LOVED it! Gorgeous work!!!!