Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Baby Shower Sweet Table

In May, I posted some baby shower cakes and announced my own baby news.  What comes next?  A baby shower sweet table for ME!
2 weeks ago, my mom and sister threw me a backyard baby shower and I had the pleasure to make the dessert table for my family and friends.  My sister, Yvonne, (who has a very creative blog called choo cha handmade that you have to check out!!) gave me this pinwheel design as inspiration.
To start off the dessert table, a 4-tier lemon butter cake with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream decorated with handmade sugarpaste pinwheels.
Handmade strawberry marshmallows, fondant decorated sugar cookies and strawberry vanilla cupcakes with strawberry buttercream.
... pinwheel sugar cookies and handmade vanilla bean marshmallows dipped in caramel and graham cracker crumbs.
Sweet n' salty boxed kettle corn, dark chocolate covered pretzels and mini-raspberry jam donut muffins (recipe from Cakes and Bakes NI blog).
One last thing... a lovely SURPRISE... our baby decided to arrive 3 weeks early.  So, 10 days ago, a healthy little 6lb girl named Sidney entered our lives.  We feel so lucky and it has been an amazing experience so far.  More next Tuesday - have a nice week!

14 comments:

Joe Travers said...

Congratulations! All the best to your family! :)

Lena-TÃ¥rtan said...

So sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Imagine all those amazing cakes you're going to be able to make her!

Saltwater Daisy said...

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing all her birthday cakes!

Pink Little Cake said...

Juanita, congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your husband. I have been thinking about you because I knew your due date was coming close, wow, this little girl really wanted to meet her parents.
I am sending you lots of blessings.

Deeva said...

Congratulations on the new addition Juanita. That's a lovely desert table.

Sweet Passion said...

wow it looks incredible.

Maxine said...

Oh what a surprise i got when reading your post AND THEN you mentioned you had a beautiful little girl.
CONGRATUALTIONS - how wonderfull.

The desseert table looks gorgeous -loveeeee the pin wheel theme - how chic.

Wishing you every happiness now and always -
Such a lovely name *Sidney*

Maxine

Cherry said...

Congratulations! It's possible that the baby couldn't wait any longer to taste the sweet goodies that mommy makes, and decided to come out early. :)

Erin said...

Oh, congratulations! A future cake decorator, I'm sure!

Leesh said...

I like how your shower was outdoors in a backyard. Very different than the showers I am use to attending.

Congrats on baby Sidney. I hope you don't mind but Julie told me the news.

SweetThingsTO said...

Thank you so much everyone for stopping by to leave a comment & your well wishes. We are doing great!

The Cakerator said...

Congrats Juanita!!!! Your dessert table is sooooo beautiful! Be warned, some of your most expensive and fun cakes will be made for your daughter, and I can't wait to see them!!!

Coco Cake Land said...

AMAZING!!! xo